Your ASU Qantas Holidays National Negotiating Team (NNT) met with company representatives in Sydney on 25 September 2013, and we are pleased to report that we now have an agreement we can recommend to members for the settlement of our Qantas Holidays EBA 2.
What’s being recommended?
The settlement proposal is quite detailed and we will shortly be holding meetings of ASU members to discuss the EBA proposal starting ASAP. We are pleased to report that the company has withdrawn all of the claims that members indicated they would not agree to.
The details of the proposed settlement include:
• 3 year EBA to 30 June 2016
• 3% p.a. from the first pay period on or after 1 July 2013, 1 July 2014 and 1 July 2015
• $250 voucher to be redeemed on Jetset Travelworld Group in-house products on approval of EBA 2 and then a further voucher in July 2014, and July 2015 (3 x $250 vouchers in total)
• Change in the higher duties and promotions increments to third pay for jobs at the next level
• 50/52 purchase of annual leave scheme from July 2014
• New policy changes to special leave to allow access for family violence situations
• Introduction of access to part time work for transition to retirement
• Consultation every 6 months on rostering
• Access to long service leave in blocks of a week
• Consultation on KPI’s and the operation of incentive schemes
• Range of wording problems fixed
• And much more
Your National Negotiating Team members: Jackie Rush from Melbourne and Darryl Brown from Brisbane
To learn more about the detail make sure you attend an ASU members meeting in your area.
ASU members meetings will be held to consider the ASU members’ position on the EBA. We hope to complete these meetings in the next 2 – 3 weeks. If ASU members endorse the EBA then a vote of all staff will take place. More information about that process will come later.