ASU officials and delegates met with Toll Dnata management to present your list of changes to the company.
What we want
The ASU presented the full list of changes that ASU members came up with. Included in this list is:
• A 5% pay rise per year and back pay
• Penalty rates for Melbourne and proof that Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide staff are not worse off because of their rolled up rate
• Increase minimum part time hours
• One Agreement with the same conditions for NSW, QLD, SA and VIC (except for pay rates, see above)
• A buddy allowance for every port, not just Melbourne
If you want a copy of the full list of changes we presented, contact your local organiser listed below.
What Toll Dnata want
Toll Dnata also presented their log of claims, as did the bargaining representatives from Sydney. TOLL Dnata want:
• Changes to the evidence you need to provide for sick leave
• A move from weekly to fortnightly, and then monthly pay days
• No more overtime after 38 hours. Overtime only paid when you work more than 152 hours in 4 weeks
• Deducting new employees the cost of their pre-employment checks if they leave after a short time
• Buying out of annual leave and ability for Toll to force you to take leave
• A lower pay rate for new staff
• Three hour minimum shifts
• Reduced minimum rest periods
• Personal leave to be reduced for new staff
Now that we’ve heard a bit about what management want, and they know what we want, we will respond to these proposals after we talk to you.
Nobody has said what’s in or out yet but Toll Dnata have said that a 5% pay rise is not going to happen. (We thought you might have something to say about that!).
The next meeting is set for Tuesday 12th August 2014 and we’ll really get down to business! Lucky ASU members have an experienced team that knows how to argue for the best pay and conditions possible for our members! By being an ASU member you will have the best representation possible.
If you’re not a member, now is the time to join! You can join online now at our secure form: https://asujoin.asn.au/.
Together we can improve your pay and conditions at Toll Dnata.
If you want more information contact your local delegate or organiser and watch out for more details in ASU bulletins or meetings