ASU members at Menzies have voted overwhelmingly to endorse the EBA deal for staff at Sydney and Melbourne negotiated by the ASU’s National Negotiating Team, following workplace meetings explaining the offer. As a result the ASU is recommending the EBA to ASU members for their approval.
The ASU has advised Menzies management that the deal has been endorsed and so the formal process for approval under the Fair Work Act has commenced.
All staff who are to be covered by the EBA should have received a copy of the EBA or been given access to it.
Your new EBA will deliver significant improvements including:
• No current conditions have been traded away, we have maintain in 2014 EBA all existing EBA conditions unless improved.
• We have secured a commitment regarding the use of Australian Air Support at Melbourne and Sydney International airports which means they cannot use this company to take your work
• There will be new procedures put in place to ensure all selection procedures for training, recruitment and promotions are fair and transparent.
• Cross training and recruitment will be discussed through the new rostering committee.
• Procedures to ensure that overtime and penalty shifts are fairly distributed among staff.
• Staffing mix will be regularly discussed through the rostering committee to maximise the potential for full time employment and to identify.
• Have ensured that any ambiguity in any EBA has been removed to make it easier and clearer to interpret and understand.
• 3 uncertified Personal Leave days will be included in the EBA.
• The process for Public Holidays whilst on annual leave has been clarified
• Agreement has been reached on paid union meetings when significant change occurs at Menzies
• A new system to provide better access to annual leave. An annual leave bidding system and process for getting leave approved for special life events will be implemented
• New rostering committee which includes the union to develop the best possible rosters and systems of work to ensure proper breaks, decent roster patterns, access to leave etc.
• We have improved the access to union training for ASU delegates and ensured they get paid time off work to attend training.
• Pay increase; 3% Back paid to 1st July 2014, 3.5% April 2015, 3% April 2016
How do I vote?
As with previous EBAs, voting will be conducted by secret ballot at work and will be conducted by the admin offices at both airports.
Voting will commence on 26th March 2015 and close on 2nd April 2015 at 5pm AEDST.
Although ASU members have voted in the ASU’s internal approval process it is imperative that you also vote in the formal Fair Work Australia voting process.