Member Advantage Benefits Program
We’re pleased to offer more value to our members through our exclusive Member Advantage benefits program. This program is only available to you as a union member, allowing you to save thousands of dollars on your everyday expenses.
We have a dedicated website for you to access these benefits asupsvic.memberadvantage.com.au but if you need support to set up your account just call ASU Assist on 03 9342 3300.
Save thousands of dollars with member benefits on:
- Discounted shopping and gift cards at many major retailers
- Special deals and discounts including on insurance, tax returns, banking, home loans and even free wills.
- Discounted whitegoods & electrical goods
- Save thousands on new & used cars
- Discounted Tyres, Car Hire and wine
- Discounted travel and accommodation
- Discounted movie tickets
ASU Career Launchpad
Are you looking to add some rocket fuel to your career? ASU Career Launchpad is your exclusive member only professional development program.
We have live and interactive courses with presenters who are experts in their field, as well as online video workshops available on-demand that you can take at your own pace. The Australian Services Union is by your side to help you progress throughout your career or manage job transitions.
- How to land your next job
- Excel for beginners to expert level
- How to run effective meetings
- How to deal with aggressive customers
- Parental leave and you
- Job application toolkit
- Navigating your own career
- Work life balance
and much more.
Most ASU members’ retirement savings are held with one of the major industry superannuation funds. Industry Funds pay all profits to members and have low fees. These funds are controlled by a board of trustees, made up of equal numbers of employer and union representatives.
The ASU has secured benefits for members with the following superannuation funds:
Slater & Gordon is a national law firm committed to solving your legal problems. Their wide range of services is designed to help you get access to the right legal advice when you need it.
Throughout their 75-year history Slater & Gordon has a long and proud tradition of working with trade unions, and this commitment to social justice and rights for all workers continues to this day.
Slater & Gordon’s reputation has been built around striving for the best outcome for each of our individual clients.
The results they achieve are made possible by the depth of expertise offered by our team of more than 650 staff across Australia. Slater & Gordon has offices throughout metropolitan Melbourne and in regional Victoria. Slater & Gordon offers legal services and special benefits in the following areas:
- Personal injury
- Further legal services
- Free wills to ASU members
For legal advice please call ASU Legal Services on (03) 9342 3300.
Or, Call the Slater and Gordon Legal Help Line on 1800 555 777.
Or, for 24-hour information on legal services go to slatergordon.com.au
Banking and Financial Services
Your ASU membership gives you the option of applying for Home Loans and other products through Me Bank, all of which are offered at a discounted interest rate.
As well as a discounted interest rate, other benefits of Me include:
- No application fee
- No valuation fee
- No ongoing account keeping fees
- Split and top-ups available
- Free redraw and free lump sum payments
- No fees for phone or Internet banking
Eddy Partners Accountants offer ASU members a 14-day tax refund for just $105!
They also provide:
- A detailed on-the-spot estimate of your tax refund
- A full copy of your tax return for your records
- After hours, weekend and business hours appointments, or over the phone, fax or mail
- A low, tax deductible fee of just $105 (returns involving rental statements, capital gains tax schedules or other non-salary income will be subject to additional charge).
The ASU and ACTU Member Connect recognise that it is very difficult for union members to know where to go when seeking financial advice. There are so many organisations and individuals offering financial and investment advice that it becomes a major headache to pick one or more that are right for you.
In recognition of this need, ACTU Member Connect has over the past few years selected a number of organisations providing financial advice that have the capacity and the willingness to provide financial advice to union members. These organisations are all licensed to provide financial advice under the Corporations Act.
In doing so, and in conjunction with those organisations, ACTU Member Connect has identified a number of individuals within those organisations who have been approved as endorsed advisers. Each individual is authorised by their organisation to provide financial advice.