The ASU and ALAEA bargaining representatives together with the National Negotiating Team met with Emirates management on Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th November in continuing negotiations for the next Agreement to succeed the Emirates Agreement 2011.
The ASU and the ALAEA along with the other bargaining representatives had previously provided the joint Log of Claims to management. At this bargaining session the ASU provided further detail on members’ claims and answered queries from Emirates management. The ALAEA also outlined members’ claims and provided additional information on the Log of Claims previously served on Emirates.
Emirates management then presented their claims while responding to the claims from the National Negotiating Team. The Emirates claims include:
- Wage increases 1.5% each year for the next three years;
- Merit pot increases 1.5% each year for the next three years;
- Superannuation:- absorption of 0.25% increases to the superannuation guarantee;
- The part-time hours of work to be clarified;
- Changes to the PM merit system process;
- Change to the Transport Allowance definitional;
- Introducing an overpayments recovery clause;
- Clarifying hours for day workers (Change to Monday to Friday, retain ordinary hours at 7am to 7pm);
- Changes to Shift Work Penalty Rates;
- Removing the Mascot Loading;
- Introducing split shifts; and
- Changes to the way LSL is calculated.
Emirates management have said they will provide draft clauses reflecting their proposed changes prior to the next bargaining meeting.
The next EBA meeting with Emirates is scheduled for Tuesday 10th, Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th December. The ASU and ALAEA will get feedback from Members before responding to Emirates’ claims.