The ASU, ALAEA and Individual Bargaining Representatives met as a Bargaining Committee with Emirates on Thursday 6th and Friday 7th October, to continue negotiations for the next Emirates Agreement.
At the meeting Emirates management presented their claims to the Committee and provided some additional information to all representatives present. The ASU reps outlined our likely claims which are overleaf. The ALAEA also outlined their members’ claims and provided some additional information on a Log of Claims previously served on Emirates.
The Emirates claims include:
- Wage increase of 1% each year for the nominal term of the Agreement
- Reduction of the annual percentage rates of the merit bonus scheme
- Reduction in redundancy entitlements
- Proposal to reform ability to accrue 5 weeks Annual leave for Shift Work arrangements
- Changes to the Long Service Leave accrual
The Bargaining Committee discussed Emirates proposals at length. However, whilst the meeting was productive the participation of some Individual Bargaining Representatives prevented the whole group from reaching agreement on a joint Log of Claims. The ASU will be presenting members’ preferred log of claims at the next meeting.
The Committee is scheduled to meet again on Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th October 2016. In the intervening week, the ASU will seek feedback from members’ before serving Emirates with an ASU Log of Claims.
ASU Statement of Principles
The ASU will be seeking members’ endorsement of the ASU Log of Claims found here.