After long arduous negotiations the day has finally arrived where the company is paying you what you’re owed.
Dnata finally pays up
After the ASU continually pursuing the company for a date that they intended to make the payment they have finally advised us that the back pay has been processed and should be in your accounts imminently. The lucky ones may see it appear in their bank accounts today (Friday 11 December) whilst some of you may need to be patient for another day or so depending on who you bank with and when they process the payment.
Well done to you
We would like to remind you that the significant back pay that you will be receiving is directly as a result of you all being strong union members and sticking together for a better outcome.
Time to join the strength
Whilst the vast majority of your workmates are union members there are still a few that are taking the benefits won by you without contributing by being a union member themselves. If you know one of the few who are still not a member please encourage them to join up.
Make sure you check your back-pay
Please ensure that you double check what you have been paid to ensure it is correct, we have no doubt that there will be some errors.
As a reminder you will be receiving;
- a 3% pay increase payable from January 2014
- a 2.5% pay increase payable from July 2015
The above pay increases are payable for all hours worked including overtime, therefore;
- Whatever you earned from January 2014 until 30 June 2015 add 3% to that figure and that should be your gross back-pay amount for that period.
- From 1 July 2015 an additional 2.5% is owed on top of the 3%, therefore, add 5.575% to whatever you’ve earned for the period from 1 July 2015 until today’s date and you should also be paid that amount.
What else do I get?
Effectively immediately you are entitled to the following;
- your hourly rate will go up by approx. 5.575%
- a new buddy training allowance of $20 will be paid whenever you buddy train someone
- all of your allowances will go up by 5.575%
- protections from labour hire and contractors doing your work
- better consultation and rostering provisions
- clearer provisions around the supply of all uniform items including the company providing or paying for any shoes that they require you to wear for any carrier that you work on,
- and much more.
If you have any questions please contact your delegates or the Union for assistance.We hope you enjoy the back-pay and have a safe and happy holiday season and New Year.