As you are no doubt aware the ASU met with company representatives on 22 September 2015 to outline your concerns over the change in arrangements for parking post the move to terminal 4. Unfortunately the response has taken two weeks and the outcome to date is not satisfactory.
Care Factor Zero!
Jetstar has shown little regard for your concerns and even less for your potential safety and wellbeing. Just to top it off they’ve effectively placed a zero price tag on your personal time!
That’s right, they don’t seem to care that;
- you will have to spend an extra half an hour getting to and from work, or
- that you’ll have to share the same shuttle bus to and from work with passengers that have potentially not had a good experience, or
- that some of these passengers may indeed be the very same people that have been a party to some of the recent OH&S incidents at airports around the Country, including Melbourne Airport.Let’s not forget that it was only a week ago that one of your very own CSO’s was smashed in the face with a baby seat. How would you like to potentially end up sharing a bus to the long term carpark with that very same person?
- responded to Jetstar outlining our disappointment at their lack lustre attempt to accommodate your needs. You can read a copy of the correspondence here.
- We have again highlighted our continued concerns in relation to your wellbeing.
- Demanded another meeting
What’s the company likely to do?
They’ll probably try to expedite the process and lock people into making a decision about the previous options that they put forward.
We encourage you to tell Jetstar that this matter is still in dispute with the Union and until such time that this matter is resolved you are not in a position to make a decision and refer them to the ASU and or your local Delegates, Carolyn and Kate.
We have also told them that the status quo should remain until resolved. That being to stay on the current bus and parking at the QF carpark until such time that this dispute is resolved. We will talk with JQ about interim measures in relation to the additional travelling time between terminal 1 and 4 if the matter is not resolved prior to the move.