After the fourth meeting for your new EBA on Friday 11th July, your delegates have now put your claims on the table and received all of the company’s claims.
What has been said about your claims?
The ASU has tabled all of your claims, and we’ve presented additional detail about how we see a rostering committee working and what a fair annual leave allocation system would look like.
Menzies has done some costing of your claims and these costings have been vigorously debated. The ASU is disappointed that the company does not seem willing to see the benefits some of our claims will make, not only to you and your colleagues, but also to the company.
Here’s the full list of what Menzies wants from you:
|Menzies Claim||What this means|
||Your shift start or finish time can be changed 12 hours before you start with no overtime payable|
||Agreement between Menzies and an employee that less than 20 hours per week can be rostered|
||You can be extended up to 10 hours, or called in 2 hours early without any overtime paid|
||Limit shift swaps to 2 per weekIf you cannot attend a swapped shift, you will have to take unpaid leaveNo giveaways to be allowed|
||Reduce redundancy for new staff to the legal minimum|
||Personal leave given to you as work rather than at the start of the year|
||Remove the transport and social disability allowances are currently $8.47 and $12.15|
||2 Proposals – No new full-timers to receive rostered days offRemove RDO’s for ALL full-timers|
||Basing full-time conversions on ‘business needs’ not hours worked. This means Menzies decides if they want more full-timers|
||Menzies will be able to offer you shifts with up to a 1 hour unpaid gap in the middle|
||Only shifts that finish after 7pm will attract the 15% penalty|
Fairness and Job Security
- Create one ASU agreement to cover all Menzies Aviation (Sydney and Melbourne) and Australian Air Support (Brisbane) employees on the Eastern Seaboard.
- Maintain in 2014 EBA all existing EBA conditions unless improved.
- Improve Job Security by making sure contractors are paid the same rates for the same jobs.
- Ensure all selection procedures for training, recruitment and promotions are fair and transparent.
- Ensure that overtime and penalty shifts are fairly distributed among staff.
- Improve the conversions from part time to full time clause.
- Ensure that any ambiguity in any EBA clause is removed.
Work Life Balance and Safety
- Provide better access to annual leave.
- Provide regular and proper rostered breaks from work.
- Improve rostering to allow greater access to time off work including on weekends.
- Improve the access to union training for ASU delegates.
Fair Wage and Superannuation Outcome
- 5% pay rise per year.
- Increase EBA allowances for either CPI or the wage increase.
- Increase the company superannuation contribution to 15% over the life of the agreement.
There will be meetings for ASU members in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane to discuss both the ASU and Menzies claims and decide what we’ll do at the next meeting on Monday 28th July. It’s important that you attend one of these meetings. If you don’t know when these meetings are, get in touch with your local ASU delegate or organiser.