Our rights at work are again under attack from the Abbott Government and employers.
We can’t stand by while the Abbott Government destroys our living standards…
- cutting wages, conditions and our rights at work, such as penalty rates
- slashing Medicare and hiking up the cost to see a doctor,
- introducing $100,000 university degrees,
- cutting the pension and superannuation,
- raising the retirement age,
- implementing harsh changes to unemployment benefits, and
- cutting community services that support our most vulnerable.
If you’ve had enough and want to stand up for an Australia where seeing a doctor or going to university isn’t dependent on how big your bank balance is, where you have a secure job with a decent wage, and where we don’t leave the next generation with less rights than we had, then join us in the fight!
Start encouraging your friends, family and co-workers to join us – the bigger the crowd, the stronger the message we will send.
The ASU strongly encourages our members to support the National Day of Action.
Join us and the rest of the union movement at the Victorian Trades Hall Council in Carlton at 10am on Wednesday, 4 March (look for the ASU flags!). Your ASU Delegates and Organisers have more information about this important event. Alternativelly, click here for the event page.
Let’s show the Federal Government we won’t stand by and see our workplace rights attacked.