Your ASU Negotiating Team met with Malaysia Airlines Management last Monday to discuss the ASU log of claims.
Some of our claims have been accepted, and some require further discussion and negotiation. Below is a summary of where negotiations are at:
So far MA management has agreed to:
• provide staff with travel insurance and ensure time off in lieu arrangement for duty travel are equitably applied
• Revise the definition of immediate family, for the purposes of compassionate leave, to include immediate in- laws
• Car allowance rate has been agreed at 74c/km with the maximum allowable raised to $750 per month effective 01January 13
• Long service leave to be taken for periods of less than two weeks Still to be considered are:
• Annexing the Overseas Airline Award: MA has said the annexed award is too complicated. ASU reps want to ensure staff do not lose any entitlements if the award is no longer annexed and are looking into transferring clauses into your agreement
• A review mechanism to ensure part-time and jobshare applications are properly assessed and every reasonable attempt is made to accommodate these arrangements
• Salary banding and yearly increments
• Car allowance –increased to 1200 km or $888, and align rate increases to the ATO rate
• MH to look at surcharges for use of credit card on entertainment expenses for Reps
• Business class upgrade for duty travel
Management has rejected the following:
• An increase to the 85 week redundancy
• A review of performance management system
Malaysia Airlines have offered the following PMS based annual increases:
PMS 5 – $100 + 5% per year PMS 2 – 2%
PMS 4 – $100 + 4.5% per year PMS 1 – 0 increase PMS 3 – $100 + 3.5% per year
Where to next?
The next meeting will be held on 25th February 2013, in the meantime ASU bargaining representatives will be consulting with members and preparing a response.