Your Jetstar National Negotiating Team (NNT) met with the company again on 10th December 2014 and we had a long in-depth discussion on their current offer to settle the EBA.
There are still a lot of issues that are outstanding that need Jetstar to change their position on or clarify.
- Proper classification of the proposed team leader position – we say it is too low
- Improved classification structure and reclassification of a couple of positions
- Better wording for some ambiguous clauses
- Improved wording for the proposed buddy allowance and foreign language allowance to increase access
- Increasing of minimum part time hours to 16 and 20 hour without the company ability to change this without agreement
- Long service leave payment rates and ability to take it in 7 day blocks
- Paying Christmas day penalties when Christmas is on the weekend the same as Qantas does
- Job security commitment around the Jetstar Ground Services (i.e. continuing what we have)
- Clarification of baggage commission
- Deletion of junior rates from EBA
- Conversion of staff from part time to full time by seniority
- How annual leave pay is calculated
- Pay rise
Your NNT put in a long day with Jetstar and are hopeful we are making some progress.
We understand that the results of the payroll review will be available late January 2015 or early February.
It is becoming clear that there are a range of other payroll errors that have occurred that are not covered by the current review.
We understand for instance that Jetstar has not been calculating the correct rate of pay for part time shift workers who are paid for a public holiday they are not working.
We do not believe that Jetstar is working out this pay based on your average hours worked, which they should be.
With many public holidays coming up we MUST do a spot check on these payments and also for other public holidays during this year.
We ask you to do the following:
1. Keep your roster for the fortnight proceeding the public holidays you don’t work
2. Keep a note of the actual hours you work and the days you work
3. Keep your pay slips for the pay period you get payment for not working the public holiday.
4. Give this information to your ASU delegate ASAP
If you have this information from past public holidays give this to your delegate as well. We believe many many people will be owed money.
We believe too that meal allowances have not been paid correctly when due. Please talk to your ASU delegate about this too.
We know long service leave has been calculated incorrectly and are working on a range of issues for members who have recently taken long service leave.
Our next meeting is on 14th January 2015 we hope we can bring you good news after this meeting
Need more information?
If you have any questions contact your ASU delegates or organisers.