As mentioned in our last newsletter, Commissioner Roe at the Fair Work Commission made a ruling that asked the parties to provide a series of written submissions by certain dates throughout early and mid September. Then final hearing dates for the arbitration of this dispute have been set down for late September.
The schedule the Commissioner asked the parties to adhere to was:
1. The ASU to provide its submissions and witness statements together with a draft order and a clear identification of the provisions of the Agreement upon which they rely by 2 September 2014.
2. The RACV is to provide its submissions and witness statements by 16 September 2014.
3. If there are any documents sought by either party the relevant request should be made directly to the other party at the earliest possible opportunity.
4. The ASU is to provide any matters in reply by 23 September 2014.
5. The matter will be listed for Hearing (arbitration) on Friday 26 September and Monday 29 September 2014.
The ASU can advise members that our written submissions and witness statements were lodged in accordance with item 1 above.
In accordance with item 3 above we have also written to RACV seeking a series of documents relating to projected financial benefits or cost savings to the RACV as well as calculations on what impact these changes will have on employees.
RACV have not conceded to provide these documents and, as a result, a further Commission hearing has been scheduled at short notice for Tuesday 9 September at 4pm to deal with the matter of these documents.
RACV will then provide their final written position by 16 September and the final formal hearings will take place on 26 and 29 September, 2014.
So… we have yet another busy few weeks ahead on these matters.
As we have always said this case is a massively difficult matter on a number of fronts. We continue to be in there fighting as hard as we can to get the best possible result for ASU members on all fronts.
Stay tuned for more in the days and weeks ahead and if you need any further information please contact your delegates Marion Phillips, Lee Hucker, Trish Gittins or Jackie Gadsby or David Leydon at the ASU on 0408998849 or email email@example.com