The announcement this week of massive changes to the roster will have a big impact on many staff at Armaguard.
Upon hearing the proposal from management, ASU reps discussed ways to minimalize the impact. This includes:
- Reducing casual hours so that those hours at the beginning of shift are available for impacted staff.
- Offering additional hours where possible to employees that will endure a financial impact.
- Not issuing new contracts but rather amending the hours aspect only of an employees contract.
It is our understanding that these will be implemented by Armagaurd and as such should have been communicated as a part of the toolbox meetings that occurred
Let’s break this down to what can and can’t be done about it, and what it means for you.
1. Yes the business can do this. There’s nothing stopping them from changing the hours in which the business operates, also it’s important to note that this is a follow on effect from what has occurred recently with the road crew.
2. Your contract. What’s in your contract counts! There’s no time like now for taking at a look at what you agreed and signed up to when you started at Armaguard. Perhaps you were advised that changes to hours could take place.
3. For some of you, your contract might be watertight. Meaning that it may well be that you cannot be forced to change your hours.
4. If that’s you, you should get a copy of your contract and give us a call to discuss your options.
5. Any member who requires information, advice or representation to discuss your particular circumstances or any other workplace matter is welcome to give us a call. Contact Kassey Dickie on 0400669303 or 9342 3302 or email@example.com
A range of concerns have already been raised by members including impact to family and care arrangements, schooling arrangements and financial losses.
Impacted employees should be meeting with their managers to discuss their circumstances. The new roster comes out this Friday. The ASU is advised that members who won’t be in on Friday to see the new roster can contact Stephen Dickson at Essendon Branch to get their rostering information.
Also note that Armaguard have advised the ASU that staff not rostered this Friday or next Monday have until next Friday to book appointments with management. The ASU is committed to assisting any member with navigating through this process and trying to get the best possible outcome for you!
Not a member? We suggest you join today. It’s coming up to bargaining soon and your input will be needed.