Following a number of recent discussions the ASU formally met again with Armaguard management last week to get things moving on the review of Cash Room Job Gradings and Classifications.
ASU members will recall that as part of the settlement of the last EBA a few months back it was agreed that we would review the current grading structure to make sure it works the way it should.
It was also agreed that the parties would discuss any issues relating to the structure with a view to fixing any anomalies that may exist.
To kick off the review the ASU has highlighted three areas where we believe some work needs to be done. These areas are:
• PACKERS and TELLERS
– Essentially the same function in terms of responsibility and skills required for the job
– Packers are graded at Grade 1
– Tellers are graded at Grade 3
– ASU CLAIM FOR ASU MEMBERS: We want Packers to be brought up to the Grade 3 rate
• REJECTORS and ATM RECONCILER
– ATM Reconciler is graded at Grade 2
– Rejector role is not mentioned in EBA Grading Structure but is paid at Grade 1
– We submit that the same skills are required for both roles
– ASU CLAIM FOR ASU MEMBERS: We want the Rejector role written into the Grading Structure in the EBA and we want that role moved from Grade 1 to Grade 2
– SCO’s are not mentioned in the current Grading Structure in the EBA but are paid at Grade 1
– The level of responsibility and job functions for the SCO’s is the same as an ATM Packer which is currently a Grade 2 function
– ASU CLAIM FOR ASU MEMBERS: We want the SCO job functions to be written into the Grading Structure in the EBA and we want that role to be paid as a Grade 2 function
We know there are likely to be a number of ASU members with further queries and issues in relation to their job gradings. If so we need to hear from you now. We will be holding further meetings with management over the coming weeks on this matter.
If YOU have any issues relating to your job grading please see one of the ASU Delegates over the next week or two to ensure we bring your issues to the discussion table with management.
Your ASU Delegates are: Faye Parker, Joan Miles, Jeff Orr, Deb Bell, Cathy Belci and Myriam Payet.
If you have further queries please contact David Leydon at the ASU on ph.: 0408998849 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org