Your next Enterprise Agreement at Virgin Australia
1. Protect or improve all of our existing terms and conditions.
2. A fair wage increase that values our work and enables us to keep up with the rising costs of living.
3. Improve rostering arrangements to ensure they are fair and give us work/life balance.
4. Ensure job security by providing a process of job conversion for contractors and same work- same pay principles.
5. Protect Days off in Lieu and other Leave entitlements.
6. Fill all vacant full-time roles using a transparent selection process agreed with the ASU.
7. Modernise parental leave provisions to ensure they are gender-neutral and give all parents (primary and secondary carers) the chance to build a meaningful relationship with their children.
8. Pay superannuation on all periods of parental leave and higher duty.
9. Improve rights and procedures for Flexible Work Arrangements.
10. Introduce transparent and fair rules around standing employees down from work that minimises the negative impact on staff.
11. Ensure clear breaks are provided to workers that are consistently applied throughout the ports.
12. Consistent minimum hours for employees.
13. Ensure fair penalty rates for full-time employees.
14. Improve leave to reflect a more compassionate approach.
15. Introducing a transport allowance.
16. Improving processes like payroll mistakes, including a process to allow the ASU to conduct a time and wages inspection on suspected breaches.
17. Improve the classification structure and position descriptions to recognise and value the skills and professional expertise.
18. Further claims that may arise during bargaining.