Voting to formally finalise our Virgin Australia and ASU Guest Services and GCC Enterprise Agreement 2020 opens tomorrow, Friday 11 December.
The proposed agreement now must be voted on by employees. ASU members have fought hard together and recommend voting YES.
Well done to all ASU delegates and members for coming together and working hard to retain decent, secure jobs and conditions that will Keep Virgin Flying.
By voting YES we can lock in the conditions we fought hard this year to achieve.
What’s included in the new Agreement:
- EBA expiry June 2022, renegotiations to start January 2022 (in just over 12 months)
- Automatic classification progression on your anniversary (VA have removed their claim to freeze you at your current GS level)
- No % wage increase to classification rates for the life of the Agreement
- Job security commitment to limit the use of external labour hire
- Pathway back to minimum 25 weekly hours for PT staff (min 20hrs until October 2021, min 22hrs Oct 2021 to June 2022, min 25 hours from June 2022). New employees min 22hrs from October 2021
- New additional hours payment – if you are rostered additional hours with less than 48 hours notice (including shift extensions) you will be paid 150% for the first 2 hours and 200% thereafter
- Allowances to increase where there’s a corresponding increase in the Award
- New roster committees to review access to jobshare & FWAs, shift swaps & giveaways, leave availability etc
- Overtime after 8 hours maintained (VA have withdrawn claim for 10 hours)
- DILs for PT employees maintained
- Full Time conversion clause – where a PT rostered hours exceed an average of 35 over the preceding 12 months a line will convert to FT. Appointment based on seniority.
- Guaranteed minimum 18% full time employees
- Stronger rights for union representation
- AMCO to remain covered by EBA
- Greater consultation should any future stand downs occur, including maximising capacity for employees to work in secondary employment
What do I need to do?
Vote YES before 2pm on Tuesday the 15th December to secure the Virgin EBA.
You will be sent an SMS and an email from CorpVote (the independent company running the vote) by Friday morning the 11th of December 2020.
You can then vote using the online link or SMS. You will receive both an email to your Virgin Australia email address and an SMS from CorpVote advising you of your Voter ID and PIN, and explaining how to vote. Make sure you keep your employee number (Oracle employee number), Voter ID and PIN handy, as you will need these to register your vote.
What is the voting process?
The vote will be a secret ballot. No one will be able to see how you vote.
The voting process is being facilitated by an independent external provider called CorpVote, who are experts in their field and have been used as the Virgin Australia Group’s provider for Enterprise Agreement votes for several years. They provide a completely secure system for the voting process, which is entirely online.
What if I haven’t received the email or SMS?
You should receive an email from CorpVote by the 10th of December.
If you have not received any information from CorpVote by 10 December 2020 or have difficulties in lodging your vote, please contact them on their Voter Support number: 1300 147 797.
It is important you do this before the close of the voting period.
If you have any questions please contact me on 0433 339 656 or at isturni@asupsvicorg
By your side,
Branch Assistant Secretary