Last Friday Virgin announced that part-time team members will move to a 6/3 roster pattern from the 1st of September 2016.
As a result of the feedback from members we have been able to confirm the following:
- Delay to the implementation date, with the new roster now commencing 1 September;
- AM/PM preference to be available; and
- ‘Forward shift rotations’ (shifts to move through 3 AMs followed by 3 PMs)
AM/PM preferences will be available through an expression of interest process, however Virgin have said that “there are a limited number of ‘preferable’ day type rosters available’. You should receive further communication from Virgin outlining the EOI process.
If you are unable to work the 6/3 roster due to family or carer commitments you may be eligible for a flexible work arrangement. To be eligible staff must have worked for Virgin for at least 12 months and can request a flexible working arrangement if you:
– are the parent, or have responsibility for the care, or a child who is school aged or younger
– are a carer (under the Carer Recognition Act 2010)
– have a disability (and are qualified for disability support under the Social Security Act 1991)
– are 55 or older
– are experiencing family or domestic violence, or
– provide care or support to a member of their household or immediate family who requires care and support because of family or domestic violence.
For more information head to the Fair Work website – www.fairwork.gov.au. The ASU will provide assistance to any member who wishes to make a flexible work application.