Malaysia Airlines management has now distributed a draft agreement for staff to consider.
The ASU understands that most members feel this process has gone on too long, and just want it done. Whilst we are disappointed that management has continued to refuse to provide protections for, and limits on, casual staff, it is important that members receive their pay rises and other hard fought conditions. The new agreement retains the majority of the superior provisions from the Overseas Airlines Award and includes provisions from the Airline Operations Ground Staff Award.
The proposed salary increments for staff whose current salary has not reached the maximum salary scale of their position are:
PMS Rating 5
PMS Rating 4
PMS Rating 3
PMS Rating 2
PMS Rating 1
For staff whose current salary has reached or exceeded the maximum salary scale for their position the fixed increment will be excluded.
Other changes to the Agreement include:
• 3.5% increases to salary scales on 1 January each year over the life of the EA;
• Increase to the car allowance rate of 74c/km (adjusted in line with ATO), with a maximum allowable rate of $750 back dated to 1 September 2012;
• Minimum period of long service leave at any one time is one day;
• Travel insurance for staff on international duty travel;
• Compassionate Leave for both domestic and overseas circumstances; and
• The maximum hourly rate that can be used to calculate overtime is $63,498 divided by 1976 hours = $32.14 per hour.
ASU members will need to remain vigilant, and build on this agreement to ensure that vulnerable casuals, and permanent jobs are protected at Malaysia Airlines.
There will be an online voting period from Thursday 7th November until 5pm Thursday 14th November. It is important that all members have their say and vote on the agreement.
You should now have a draft copy of the new agreement. If you have any concerns with the EBA you should contact your local union organiser.